Welcome to the Utah Condominium & Homeowners Association website, the information center of a Utah organization established to simplify the lives of board and homeowner association committee members while improving the community living experience.
HOA Seminars & Training Sessions
April 16, 2015 (Thursday)
2015 Annual Legislative Update
Free 1 Hour HOA Board Member Training
This 1 hour seminar will provide an update on recent laws enacted by the 2015 Utah Legislature that impact homeowner associations. The following legislation will be addressed:
- HB 98- Association Rentals (after May 15, 2015, all HOA amendments must comply with the requirements of this new rental law. HOAs have 1 month to determine if they need to amend their CC&Rs prior to the new law becoming effective.) Also changes the law regarding HOA fines.
- HB 99- HOA Open Meeting Requirements (defines electronic communication; requires advance email notice of all meetings to requesting members; permits closed board meetings for limited purposes.)
- HB 304- HOA Utilities (addresses the circumstances under which an electrical corporation or a gas corporation may discontinue service to a unit or a lot and provides a procedure by which an association may pay a unit owner's or a lot owner's delinquent utility bill to maintain service.)
- SB 80- Reserve Fund (provides that a declarant shall make certain disclosures to a purchaser during the period of administrative control.)
- SB 118- HOA records (requires records to be made available; defines charges permitted for copies of records; provides attorney fees against noncomplying HOAs;
- SB 218- Nonprofit Corporations Act amendments (since most HOAs are nonprofit corporations, this bill impacts HOAs relative to the use of electronic transmissions and undertaking action without meeting.)
Enjoy your own association website for $20 per month. Store minutes, publish budgets and important financial, insurance, and your governing documents on your password protected website and make them easily accessible to all association members. See a sample here
May 14, 2015
BOARD MEMBER TRAINING
Richard W. Jones, attorney, has over 25 years of experience working with Utah condominiums and community associations. Receive expert assistance in collecting delinquent HOA fees, updating outdated association documents, resolving disputes and nuisances, and enforcement of community rules.